Money for Tomorrow Wealth Management (M4T)/Funds Direct Canada Inc. (FDCI) is a Canadian financial services organization comprised of subsidiaries, associated or affiliated companies and representatives that provide, distribute or administrate, investment, retirement and insurance products and planning services for individuals, businesses and other institutions.
Collecting personal information about you is essential as it enables us to offer high-quality products, services and ongoing planning relating to your lifetime financial needs.
We take great care to keep your personal information accurate, confidential and secure. The use of such information is limited to the minimum required to provide superior service and keep you informed of the products and services that may be of interest to you.
M4T/FDCI collects and uses personal information about you to:
- Understand your needs and to offer products and services to meet your needs over your lifetime,
- Communicate with you in a timely and efficient manner,
- Assess your application for investment, insurance and other services,
- Evaluate claims and underwriting risks when required,
- Monitor, evaluate and service your accounts,
- Respond to your inquiries about your application, your account(s), or your file,
- Meet security, legal and regulatory requirements,
- Detect and prevent fraud.
By applying to open an account with M4T/FDCI, you consent to our use of your personal information, and to our obtaining, verifying, sharing and exchanging information about you, from time to time, from or with, our branches, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, representatives, persons or corporations with whom you have or may have financial relations, legal and regulatory entities, or suppliers of services or benefits relating to your account for the above purposes.
We shall inform you of any new purposes that may subsequently arise for information that has been collected and obtain your consent for same, unless the new purpose is required by law.
You may withdraw your consent to collect, use and disclose your personal information at any time subject to legal or contractual obligations and reasonable notice by sending a written request to our “Privacy Officer”. Please be aware that withdrawing your consent may prevent us from providing you with requested products or services.
Access to Information
Personal information that we collect with regard to your relationship with M4T/FDCI is kept in a client file. We are committed to keeping your personal information accurate, secure, confidential and private. As a M4T/FDCI client, you have the right to access your file and to rectify any personal information in the file that may be obsolete or incorrect. To exercise these rights, or to obtain a copy of our privacy policies and procedures, please send your request to M4T/FDCI at the address noted.
It is your responsibility to inform us or your M4T/FDCI advisor of any changes whatsoever that could affect the status of your account(s) with us. If you maintain an investment account, changes may have occurred to your income, net worth, investment objectives, liquidity requirements, or even your investment personality in terms of comfort with short term volatility and the overall risk level of your portfolio. Please contact your account advisor when there are material changes since these may affect how your investments might be arranged or managed.
If you have any privacy complaints, please contact M4T/FDCI Privacy Officer at the address noted in this document.
Sharing of Information
For regulatory purposes, self-regulatory organizations (SROs) including the Mutual Funds Dealers Association of Canada, Investment Dealers Association and the Canadian Investor Protection Fund (collectively, “SROs”) require access to personal information of current and former clients, employees, agents, directors, officer’s partners, and others that has been collected or used by regulated persons. SROs collect, use or disclose such personal information obtained from regulated persons for regulatory purposes, including:
- Surveillance of trading-related activity,
- Sales, financial compliance, trade desk review and other regulatory audits,
- Investigation of potential regulatory and statutory violations,
- Regulatory databases,
- Enforcement and disciplinary proceedings,
- Reporting to securities or insurance regulators, and
- Information-sharing with securities regulatory authorities, regulated marketplaces, other self-regulatory organizations, and law enforcement agencies in any jurisdiction in connection with any of the foregoing.
At M4T/FDCI, we are dedicated to serving your needs. We are committed to keeping you informed about our programs related to your account that you may find valuable.
We would also like to keep you informed about offers from our affiliates, subsidiaries or selected companies who have products or services that may be of interest to you. However, if you prefer that we do not share your information for this purpose, you may contact us by mail, telephone, fax, or in person. Please allow approximately four (4) weeks for your request(s) to become effective. If you have previously notified us that you prefer M4T/FDCI not to share your information for this purpose, there is no need to contact us again.
Privacy Promise for Clients
While information is the cornerstone of our ability to provide superior service, our most important asset is our clients’ trust. Keeping client information secure and using it only as our clients would want us to, is a top priority for all of us at M4T/FDCI. Here then, is our promise to our individual clients.
- We will safeguard, according to strict standards of security and confidentiality, any information our clients share with us.
- We will limit the collection and use of client information to the minimum we require to deliver superior service to our clients, that may include advising our clients about our products, services and other opportunities, and to administer our business.
- We will permit only authorized employees, who are trained in the proper handling of client information, to have access to that information. Employees who violate our Privacy Promise will be subject to our normal disciplinary process.
- We will not reveal client information to any external organization unless we have previously informed the client in disclosures or agreements, have been authorized by the client or are required by law or our regulators.
- We will always maintain control over the confidentiality of our client information. We may, however, facilitate relevant offers from reputable companies. These companies are not permitted to retain any client information unless the client has specifically expressed interest in their products or services.
- Whenever we hire other organizations to provide support services, we will require them to conform to our privacy standards and to allow us to audit them for compliance.
- We will not use or share – internally or externally – personally identifiable medical information for any purpose other than the underwriting or administration of a client’s policy, claim or account, or as disclosed to the client when the information is collected, or to which the client consents.
- We will attempt to keep client files complete, up-to-date, and accurate. We will tell our clients how and where to conveniently access their account information (except when we are prohibited by law) and how to notify us about errors which we will promptly correct.
|Money for Tomorrow Wealth Management/Funds Direct Canada Inc.
|2363 Mcintyre Street
|Regina, SK S4P 2S3